We are filling multiple positions under this job requisition announcement. Applicants for this requisition will be considered for all vacancies. These Engineering Technician Associate positions is the entry level for the Engineering Technician class series and is located in Olathe. Successful candidates may be appointed at a higher-level dependent upon experience and qualifications. This position allows us to train and develop construction (or technician) staff to complete required responsibilities. The employee performs assignments and gains experience while in a training status.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs according to specific instruction and standards.
- Work involves performing several basic engineering and mathematical procedures which require following instructions and guidelines and providing accurate and complete records of that work.
- Performs or assists other technicians or engineers in the performance of routine engineering tests in the laboratory or field or inspection on construction projects for compliance with standard practice, specifications, plans, and special provisions.
- This includes such things as performing or assisting in testing of gradation of aggregates and other standard tests.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a passing grade in high school algebra. You can self-certify by submitting a statement that you passed High School Algebra.
- Valid Driver’s License at time of appointment.
- Current Certificate of Tax Clearance.
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
$15.02-$20.13 / Hour
7070 W. 107th St., Ste. 120 Overland Park, KS 66212