Apprentice Personnel-Wichita has an IMMEDIATE opening for a Plasma Table Machine Operator for a job opening with a local steel manufacturing company.
This job is Temporary to Direct Hire. $14.00-$16.00 / hour
Train 2 weeks to a month on 1st shift-7am-3:30pm, then go to 2nd shift- 3:30pm-Midnight.
Pay starts at $14/hour, but is negotiable for experienced operators.
Cuts, trims, or scarfs metal objects with arc-cutting equipment to dimensions, contour, or bevel specified by blueprints, work order, or layout by performing the following duties. Also responsible for maintaining steel inventory. Other duties may be assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Positions work piece onto table or into fixture or with jib or crane.
• Selects carbon or metal-coated carbon electrode, gas nozzle, electric current, and gas pressure, according to thickness and type of metal, data on charts, or record of previous runs.
• Inserts electrode and gas nozzle into holder and connects hose from holder to compressed gas supply.
• Turns knobs to select amperage.
• Turns lever to adjust jet of gas to blow away molten metal.
• Strikes arc and guides electrode along lines to cut (melt) through metal.
• Cuts off chips or spurs and burns out cracks and holes.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Drug Screen Required
328 S. Laura Street, Wichita, KS 67211