$20 to $24 Hourly Full-Time Benefits: dental, medical, vision
Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
The Payroll Specialist/ Staffing Coordinator is responsible for the daily and ongoing administrative requirements of a branch office of Apprentice Personnel. Additionally, this position assists the office with recruiting, dispatching, customer service and other duties as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly communicating with the General Manager and staff regarding the daily and ongoing priorities of the company.
- Responsible for weekly payroll and invoicing.
- Assist with accounts receivables of the branch office.
- Greet visitors to the office.
- Interact with temporary workers and assign workers to job orders placed by client companies.
- Interview prospective workers and determine qualifications of applicants.
- Interacting as necessary with corporate accounting staff on accounting and financial matters and keeping General Manager apprised of any issues that require his or her attention.
- Maintain detailed notes in office software (Automated Business Designs or “ABD”) as necessary. To include but not limited to, history of temporary employees, client notes/history, and collection activity.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate filing of all paperwork and documents of the office; i.e., Worker Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) forms, Workers’ Compensation insurance claims, unemployment claims, garnishment orders, etc.
- Having basic knowledge of all systems (telephone, ABD, security, on call) of the company’s branch operation.
- Working with General Manager and office team to ensure that the team is conducting and properly filing I-9 document checks and E-Verifications, etc. for all applicants and background checks and drug tests, as necessary.
- Managing with the office team any vendor management system (VMS) client requisitions, filling of staff orders, and billing input.
- Making sure that the company has adequate supplies, uniforms, protective gear, etc. to ensure that our workers have what they need to complete their assigned duties.
- Represent Apprentice Personnel to client companies that contact a branch office for information or staffing requirements.
- Identify sources of workers for the needs of the office through various recruiting mechanisms such as ZipRecruiter, social media, etc.; attendance at job fairs; building relationships with regional workforce centers and colleges, etc.
- Generate time tickets for temporary workers or forwards time sheets to clients as necessary.
- Enter hard copies and finalize entry of online applications into ABD and utilize all drop down menus to properly record from where employees learned about the company, what skill sets they possess and any other pertinent and required information.
- Distribute payroll checks to temporary workers who have requested to pick them up at the branch office.
- Help to drive revenue by participating in inside sales activities as required.
- Assisting the staff with all aspects of the operation as required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred but not a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to use correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact positively with clients, applicants, and temporary workers.
- Exceptional organizational skills with emphasis on prioritizing work and meeting deadlines. Ability to pay close attention to details and balance workload from multiple sources. Ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks.
- Needs to possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Prior experience in a customer service position required.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written instructions in English accurately.
- Proficient with computers, word processing, and graphics design; (e.g. G Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to exercise personal judgment, discretion, confidentiality, decision-making, and initiative concerning administrative matters and priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, work under pressure, and be flexible as work demands change.
- Must be a self-starter that can work alone when needed.
- Must be willing to be on call via telephone, on a rotating basis as determined by the General Manager of Operations Manager.
- Prior experience in the staffing industry preferred but not a requirement.
Insurance possible overtime in compliance with ACA laws.
EOECompany DescriptionApprentice Personnel is one of the largest full-service, independent staffing firms in Colorado and Kansas, a Certified Small Business with the Small Business Administration, and a GSA Master Award Schedule holder.
Apprentice Personnel – Denver
Why Work Here?
A great company that values its employees!
Apprentice Personnel is one of the largest full-service, independent staffing firms in Colorado and Kansas, a Certified Small Business with the Small Business Administration, and a GSA Master Award Schedule holder.
2123 South Birch St. Denver Co. 80222 Denver, CO USA
Finance and Insurance