The Staffing Consultant is responsible for selling the services of Apprentice Personnel (“Company”) directly to prospective and existing clients. The Staffing Consultant may also interview, identify and select workers whose experience and skills meet the needs of our clients and also assist with the daily operation of the business on an as needed basis. High energy, networking skills, organization, ability to connect the dots and social media skills will win the position.
Staffing sales and/or recruiting experience will be a big plus. Salary plus commission, many of our staffing sales people make well over $40,000 in just commissions on top of a good base salary along with car and cell phone allowance. Great private office and conference room.
This position has strong market-by-market social media and database support from corporate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Utilizing software to identify opportunities and build, manage, qualify, and maintain a database of clients and prospects.
2. Identify and develop potential clients through effective phone calls, making personal sales calls, prospecting, studying job boards and advertisements, consulting with business associates, and regularly attending networking associations.
3. Sell the value of the difference in our services to support customers in achieving their goals by informing clients and prospects with presentations customized to their current and potential needs.
4. Follow-up regularly with decision makers to build relationships and generate new business.
5. Increase job orders by identifying immediate staffing needs and working cooperatively with co-workers to satisfy clients’ requirements. Regularly utilize recruiting tools such as Zip Recruiter, CareerBuilder, job fairs, etc. to identify, select and onboard workers.
6. Accept feedback from problematic situations and challenges and offer innovative and creative solutions to retain clients’ business.
7. Effectively recruit, orient, and coach employees thoroughly of job duties and safety concerns.
8. Evaluate employee skills and availability and analyze each assignments specific duties and requirements to coordinate key matches between the customer and employee.
9. Conduct on site safety inspections of client work sites to ensure a safe work environment for our workers and regulatory compliance by our customers;
10. Communicate in a timely manner to team members about all immediate staffing needs.
11. Effectively manage daily follow up with customers, determine appropriate pricing for billing rates and pay rates based on customer volume, and determine ongoing sales strategies.
12. Document all sales activities in Company’s CRM system and submit a weekly activity report to the General Manager or Regional Manager.
13. Represent Company in local community with appropriate trade associations and business groups.
14. Work with Dispatchers/Recruiters to ensure proper assignment of workers to meet needs of client companies.
15. Manage accounts receivable follow-up and sales data entry related to client companies.
16. Other sales- and operational-related duties as assigned.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to use correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact positively with clients and workers.
3. Exceptional organizational skills with emphasis on prioritizing work and meeting deadlines. Ability to pay close attention to details and balance workload from multiple sources. Ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks.
4. Minimum 1-3 years of experience in sales management or customer service management position.
5. Ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
6. Possesses a strong level of attention to detail in all forms of communication such as e-mail, telephone messages, preparation of presentations and customer agreements, etc.
7. Proficient with computers, word processing, and presentations; e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
8. Ability to exercise personal judgment, discretion, confidentiality, decision-making, and initiative concerning administrative matters and priorities.
9. Self-motivated, trustworthy and honest.
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision and be flexible as work demands change.
Pay is based on experience, $32,000 – $ 42,000 plus Commission, Benefits after 60 days.